Insulated Storage Containers
ThermoSafe Brands offers the most complete line of temperature assurance products in the industry. Lightweight ThermoSafeA� Insulated Shippers and mailers offer reliable and durable thermal protection for shipping products via UPS, air freight, parcel post or other services.
Using Steel Shipping Containers for Storage
Steel containers are designed to carry all but chilled or frozen goods on long or short journeys, all over the world.
Containers are also an economical long or short term solution for storage space suitable for:
- Household goods and furniture
- Commercial storage
- Building supplies
Lock protection containers are very secure, having no windows and being constructed of thick steel. The addition of a lock protection box on the door increases this security.
If condensation or sweating was a design problem with steel containers, no one would ever ship anything in them.
However, condensation or sweating can occur in steel or freezer (insulated) containers in any of the following circumstances:
- Is not weatherproof and is leaking
- Is sitting hard down on damp ground with no air gap underneath
- Has faulty vents
- Has been closed up with high humidity trapped inside.
Guidelines for Condensation-free Storage
- Container raised to create air gapCreate an air gap underneath the container. Raise the container several inches off the ground using wood blocks under each corner.
- Check vents are clear and operational.
- Check for leaks and check door seals.
- Make sure the contents are dry when loading and load on days with low humidity.
Why Insulated Containers Are Unsuitable for Most Storage Applications
Used or second hand insulated containers are often non-operational refrigerated/freezer units, and are usually unsuitable for storage.
Non operational reefers are often sold for the following reasons:
- Refrigeration failure and subsequent rotting of perishables can leave odours or fungus spores that can contaminate stored goods.
- Leaking and water retained inside wall cavities and insulation that can not be removed.
- Age leading to breakdown of insulation material.
Use Standard Steel Containers for Storage
Standard steel shipping containers are a better choice for the storage of household goods & furniture, building suppliesn & commercial goods.