You will be provided with an individually locked, clean, dry and secure storage room for your own exclusive use, storage unit sizes range from locker sizes to the size of a mini warehouse, with all sizes in between, so you only pay for the space you use. Some document storage facilities will supply and fit racking for your storage room free of charge (enquire with your provider), for quick and easy access to your files
Document Storage and Management? Why Document storage?
If you have made the decision to archive paper records either on a temporary or permanent basis, then you should be looking into off-site storage facilities. This outsourcing arrangement has a number of benefits that guarantee a long term return on investment.
In general, those benefits include:
- Releasing valuable office space. Rental per square metre is often many times greater in an office suite than in a managed warehouse.
- Reduction in the time taken to search and retrieve important information. Typically when businesses embark on a cataloguing exercise we see a room stuffed with un-ordered files and loose paperwork. Finding that important document really is like finding a needle in a haystack. Tracking systems and cataloguing services ensure that your files can be found in minutes (enquire with your provider). Your staff can get on with more cost effective work.
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements for document storage. Our years of experience with members of many professional bodies ensure that we are always aware of the statutory retention requirements for document management. Typically our document management clients are solicitors, accountants and financial services companies, but also include insurance companies, hotel groups, marketing companies, advertising agencies, publishing companies and many others
- Highly sensitive data can be stored securely, offsite and destroyed at the end of the storage period. Don?t worry about keeping sensitive data on site. Documnt storage facilities will ensure that it is kept away from prying eyes and when you no longer need it we will destroy the information on your behalf.
- Protect your business against unforeseen events. Every business should be aware of the need for a managed disaster recovery plan. Offsite document storage in our warehouse facility ensures that in the event of an unforeseen disaster, the critical information that your business needs to survive is kept safe and sound.
- Encourage adherence to essential operating procedures. In most organizations, document management is a chore that is typically dumped on a few individuals. Outsourcing storage to document storage facilities makes the document life cycle part of a managed process, from initial cataloguing through to scheduled destructions. Document management becomes a ‘must do’ activity rather than a ‘have to’ problem.
- Peace of mind that your documents are being looked after. Potential clients have, in the past, used all manner of buildings to store their archives from chicken sheds to third bedrooms where fire protection, humidity and temperature are all a serious issue. Storage facilities have a full understanding of the standards required of document storage.