The process of shipping a automobile begins with a application for shipping space forms to be completed and returned to your auto shipping provider. This form asks for the vehicle details i.e. make, model, registration and chassis numbers, along with the place of handover of the vehicle and marine insurance. Under normal circumstances auto shipping companies would require payment of there shipping and insurance charges while still in the UK.
Basically all marine insurance policies will only pay out a full claim if you pay the premium on a much higher destination value. If you only pay a premium on a lower than destination value then they will only pay a small percentage of any claim. Insurance companies look at it that as they would be paying any claims at destination then the insured value and premium paid must be based on the destination value. If an approximate destination value is not known then a possibility is to take the current UK value, add all shipping costs, add all destination import taxes and registration costs and then add 10%.
Have no more that 1/4 tank of fuel, remove all personal items from your automobile, repair any chips and/or cracks in your windows and make sure your automobile is prepared for changing weather conditions.
General Guidelines to Auto Shipping
- Your automobile must be operable. If it is not, additional fees or methods may apply.
- You must advise us of any modifications made to your automobile such as 4×4 lift kit, camper shell, vehicle lowered, etc.
- Enquire about hight restrictions, these can apply to certain auto shipping companies.
- Your vehicle must have a minimum of 4ft ground clearance to safely load and unload your vehicle.
- Companies ask for a working phone number where you may be reached throughout the duration of your vehicle relocation.
- Your transit time may be up to 14 days, but averages 10-14 days.
Vehicle Inspection Requirements
- You or your designated representative must be present for the inspection at the time of pick-up and delivery.
- You or your designated representative must sign the bill of lading and condition report at both origin and destination.
- You or your designated representatives are responsible for confirming your automobile’s condition. This must be done before the driver leaves the destination.
- Damage will be noted by a representative of the shipping provider. In the unlikely event there is additional damage on delivery, it will be noted by a representative.
The shipping and insurance documents, along with instructions concerning the clearance and delivery of a automobile at the arrival port, will be airmailed to your nominated address well in advance of the vessels arrival date. If there are any further points you wish to have clarified its best to contact a shipping provider direct (see links).
Car Shipping Quote – Consider marine insurance, export certificate, duty and taxes and informing the DVLA. These are the basic steps involved in shipping cars. See links for instant quotes. Car Shipping Quote.
International car Shipping – International Car Shipping. The most popular method of transport is on a carrier.This is an open, two level carrier that holds approximately eight to ten vehicles per transport. Vehicles are transported in accordance with your specific instructions. The summer months are the ‘peak’ of the moving season. Please keep this in mind prior to all bookings. International Car Shipping.
Car Shipping Services – Every day, companies help customers who have been disappointed by their transporters who point to equipment breakdowns or logistical reasons for not being able to carry out a booked shipment. The bottom line is the customer is left out in the cold. Car Shipping Services.